Sunday, January 17, 2010

IELTS SAMPLE LETTER FOR 7 TO 8 BAND,FREE IELTS SAMPLE LETTER FOR 7 TO 8 BANDS

IELTS SAMPLE LETTER FOR 7 To 8 BANDS

SAMPLE LETTER 1

"You successfully passed a job interview. You are expected to start on November 15, but you will not be available on that date. Task: Write a letter to your new boss, explaining your situation, expressing your concern and suggesting solution."


Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Ricky Martin and I have recently passed a job interview for the Software Engineer position at the Software Infrastructure group. I was expected to start on November 15, as agreed, and am writing because unfortunately I will not be able to present myself on that date.

During the interview I estimated fifteen days as the amount of time needed for me to finish my activities at my current job and start at your company, but due to fact that I got sick for the last whole week and was not able to work, I could not finish my tasks and will need another week to do so. If necessary, I can give you a copy of a letter from my doctor informing that I had to stay at home and under medical care during that week.

I really apologize for the inconvenience and expect it not to affect our relationship. Should I present any other form of proof or talk to someone else at the company, please let me know.

Faithfully yours,

Ricky Martin


 SAMPLE LETTER 2

"You have bought a new mobile phone and in a few days of purchase it has stopped working. You spoken to the company representative a week ago but it has still not been repaired.

Write a letter to the company. In your letter
- introduce yourself
- explain the situation
- say what action you would like to company to take.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am Micheal Jones.I am writing to inform you about the faulty mobile phone that I have purchased in your store.
I am a regular customer of your company. On the 10th of March, I bought a brand new Nokia N73 mobile. However, upon one week of using it, problems started to appear. The flash of the camera is no longer working. Also, the monitor is getting blurred which makes it difficult for me to see the SMS messages clearly. I was very surprised to discover such problems in quite an expensive model.

Naturally, I returned the mobile phone in your store to be replaced with a new one. One of your sales staff told me that they will send it to me at my home address within one week. However, two weeks have gone without receiving any replacement. I am very upset for your poor service.


In this regard, I insist on getting a refund of my full payment if the replacement will not come within another week.

Yours faithfully,

Micheal Jones.


Teacher's Comments: This is a very good letter. The structure of paragraphs and sentences, grammar, vocabulary, length  everything is in order. There are some minor corrections (see comments underlined in blue). Otherwise, looks like a Band 7 letter. 

SAMPLE LETTER 3
 
"You would like to participate in a work-related seminar in another country.
Task: Write a letter to the person in charge of the seminar and ask for detailed information regarding the dates, program, accommodations and cost.
"

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to ask for information about the seminar that you are conducting during the next week.

I am an electronics wholesale dealer in USA and I am interested to take part in this work-related seminar. I think that it would be very beneficial for me to see the latest electronics appliances and have an excellent opportunity to make contacts with different companies. Therefore, I need to get some information in details such as; the total period of your seminar and the complete leaflets of different scheduled programs.Beside this,I have a plan to come with my two staff members so what would be the arrangements of accommodation and total expenditures, which you have estimated for each person.

You could send the above-mentioned information to my e-mail address. I would like to receive it as soon as possible because of adequate preparation before the departure.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Gery Lois


Teacher's Comments: This is a good letter. It covers the task, the information is organized well and each paragraph covers all the necessary details. There are some inaccuracies (see suggested changes in the comments underlined in blue). Overall, looks like a Band 7 letter.
tag:ielts sample essay,free ielts sample essay,ielts sample essay for 7 bands,ielts sample essay for 8 bands,ielts  essay for 7 bands,ielts  essay for 8 bands,ielts  essay for 6 bands,ielts essay collection

No comments:

Post a Comment